Laing And Weicholz Logo

Under Florida Law, if the primary residential or majority timesharing parent wants to move more than fifty miles with the children, that parent must notify the other parent before moving. If the parents agree to the move, they must file a written agreement with the court indicating the secondary residential parent’s consent, any proposed timesharing modifications and details relating to the timesharing modifications. Regardless of whether the parents agree, the court must approve the relocation.

If the parents do not agree, the primary residential parent must file a petition for relocation with the court. The petition must outline certain available details of the move including the physical location of the new home, the date of the move, the reasons for the move, and proposed timesharing and transportation. The secondary residential parent will have the opportunity to respond and object to the move. If there is a response, the court will have a hearing and determine whether to allow the move.

LAW’s experienced lawyers are ready to assist you achieve your desired outcome in relation to the relocation of your child. Contact use today for a consultation.


561-416-1818 |
Copyright 2014 - 2018 Laing & Weicholz, PL | All Rights Reserved; Privacy Policy
Facebook Linkedin